Thursday 21 February 2013

And finally the headlining act, Taking Hayley! Thee 4 piece pop - rockers from Birmingham put on an amazing show.
Even as they were setting up there was a buzz and excitement in the air.
The into plays, the boys come on stage, the lights go down and BANG the first guitar riff of Tonight starts, Levi (Guitar and backing vocals) and Tom (Bass and backing vocals) started singing and the crowd goes mad! The bands  high quality, poppy tunes with an rocky edge get everyone on there feet, jumping, singing and clapping their hands. Second song in Up All Night, Taking Hayley's second single get's everyone going. Have you ever been in the middle of a crowd singing your heart out, jumping and not having a care in the world because you're on top of the world? Yeah, that's what standing in that crowd felt like. Butterflies from the bands debut album 'Tricks and Games' means alot to Alistair (Lead guitar and vocals) as he put his heart in as he sung it. Holding On was the song I was most excited to see live and I was not disappointed! Alistair puts down his guitar and just sings, the intro already had us jumping and when Ali started singing, I sang my heart out with him, so much that my voice nearly gave up just over half way through! From Now Until Forever another one of 'Tricks and Games' and a song they've not played on tour before and another one I was looking forward to hearing, it's a song that means a lot to the band as it's about them and there journey and it's a really lovely song that really comes alive when live. Here I Stand is more energetic that From Now Until Forever so get's the crowd jumping like mad again, and I found my voice again so I was singing along too. Somebody That I Used To Know (Cover) I know what this song is like when you rock it up as I love the Mayday Parade's cover but Taking Hayley gave it there own twist making it a cover Mayday Parade would be jealous of. Better Luck Next Time this is the #BLNT tour so I knew this song was coming. The catchy guitar riffs and upbeat drums that make it impossible to keep your feet on the ground. Circles the last song in what was an amazing night. Jay (Drums) keeps up a fast beat were you just have to clap along (If you can keep time... I can't!) it's a great feeling looking at the crowd around you all clapping along in time.
An amazing night that I won't be forgetting.

 Alistair and Tom
 Alistair, Jay and Levi
 Tom, Alistair, Jay and Levi
   Levi and Jay

(All photos by my sister Rebecca Brown)

Em xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment