Tuesday 15 July 2014

The Oceans Above: Blue Lights (Review)

Today I'm in Coventry with 5 piece Rock band The Oceans Above.



This is their single Blue Lights

Straight away you're hit with this guitar riff that has the vibe of someone like Mallory Knox, fast and catchy, when Adam's voice, bass and drums come in the whole song just kind of goes off like a beautiful music explosion in your ears. The power and the skill of the music is absolutely amazing, I wish I could just say it's amazing and leave it at that.
Production wise everything is clear and sharp, it rings in your ears long after the last chord has been played. Adam's voice is very strong especially as the song goes on he really comes into his own and with added group vocals towards the end there's just that other level. Lyrically it shows some I haven't felt I connection to these kind of lyrics since I heard Sleeping With Sirens Trophy Farther's Trophy Son for the first time.  I am your son don't you leave me alone in this world. The story of a farther who's not there and how the blue lights will guide you. It's both touching, emotional, powerful and equally unique.

The Oceans Above have crated what is to me a perfect song, I couldn't find a fault with it if I tried. The talent these guys show is amazing, I honestly can't wait to hear more from these guys in the future! I doubt this'll be the last you'll see of them on this blog (or I hope not at least.)

Listen to Blue Lights here

Check out The Oceans Above Facebook here

No comments:

Post a Comment