Wednesday 26 June 2013

For The First Things: The Brighter Side (Review)



Going all out in America at the moment what is this my 4th one in a row? Say hello to 3 piece pop rock band First Things First from Philadelphia!
This is their EP The Brighter Side.

Let The Good Times Roll, Kid.
Catchy, foot tapping, singing along, stuck in your head pop rock song. I love a good fast song and this diffidently is one, the guitars and drums keep that pace so my foot never stops tapping. The only problem is the speed and energy sometimes makes it hard to hear the vocals, as the vocals are sweet and quite high so can get a little lost in the power of the guitars but as I listen to it more I can hear them better.

Love Is For The__
They are an very energetic band, I can imagine them jumping up and down like little kids why playing this song live. Again it's the same great pop rock that I love. The way you can always hear the drums is the reason I can't sit still, the guitars still have that power but in this song I can hear the vocals better so I'm singing along more. So far this is my favourite song of The Brighter Side!

Queen Of Mixed Signals.
Straight away this song reminds me of a young All Time Low and being a huge fan of theirs that's not a bad thing. This song feels a little deeper, like that's more to it that the previous tracks. The vocals are at their best in this song and I don't lose them at all, the guitar solo is so fantastic I wanted to do air guitar along side it! The lyrics it's them that's made this song different from the others, all about lairs, cheats, mixed up signals, giving up and running away, it's great to see a band who can write songs like that.

Stuck On Repeat.
Is the fastest song on the EP, which is saying something as I thought Let The Good Times Roll, Kid was fast! It's one of those classic pop rocks you want to play really loud why driving down the high way (Or motorway) and sing at the top of your lungs. At the start of the EP I wasn't sure but as it's gone along each song has got better and they're all a bit different, I was worried I'd be listening to 5 songs that all sounded the same but that's definitely not the case.  

Broken Limits (We're So Caught Up In This)
I love a good slow acoustic song and wow this is one hell of one! There is something Remembering Sunday (All Time Low, from their album So Wrong, It's Right) about the song, especially with a girl featured.The mix of the girls vocals between his are great,  and the way it speeds up at the end just adds the perfect last touch. I was surprised by this song, as at first First Things First sounded like a normal pop rock band about having fun but it seems they can also write that slow song that gives you goose bumps, as these lyrics are really good these real feeling behind them.

At first I didn't really like First Things First but as I've listened through the whole of The Brighter Side I've fallen more in love with each song, they are a band you should give a chance and I can see going far!

Listen to The Brighter Sidehttp://firstthingsfirst.bandcamp.com/album/the-brighter-side
Check out First Things First Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FirstThingsFirstMusic?fref=ts




No comments:

Post a Comment